This project overwhelmed me at first, but after I got the hang of the layers and editing, it became a pretty smooth process. Since my blog is about music, I wanted to incorporate different artists or bands all wrapped into one in my header.
If you look at each picture in my header, can you tell who it is? I think it’s amazing that an artist can brand themselves well enough where just their shadow is enough to tell who they are. I found all these shadow images on Google and decided how I wanted to layer them. I had to shrink all the images except for the middle one, and erase some words that were attached to one of the images.
I wanted to use different types of artists from different times or genres, trying to appeal to the masses. It was pretty simple to edit this in Pixlr and I’m happy with how it turned out. I found the dimensions to make sure my image would fit correctly, or I would have had to start all over and probably break my laptop in half from rage. When I exported it, it covered the title of my blog so I had to change the color scheme so the title words would be shown. This is where I wish WordPress was easier to use, because I couldn’t separate my title from the overall theme to change the color of just the title. I was able to find a theme that changed the color enough, but it was still frustrating.
I like the Pixlr program and can see myself using it in the future for projects, or just for fun. I’ll have to experiment more because I only know how to use about 3 buttons on the program though.